Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yeah, well, this is not related to Operation: Double Brothers but whatever.

It's funny how much the little stuff counts. I don't like to think of myself as an emotional person but I want acknowledgement of the ridiculsous things that I care about. I don't have people with whom to discuss the ridiculous things that matter to me (read: weird music) at this point and it's kind of depressing. I don't think that it's anything to be really upset about but it becomes more upsetting when I don't have an outlet for this part of me. I have no one with whom I can discuss the latelst dredg release in a serious fashion and have it not be the result of my whining (or a blog post).

Ultimately, I'm very happy with the state of my life right now. I just got married. I love my wife. We have a lot of fun together but I don't have any friends that are just my friends...I don't have that outlet that I once had. I miss having friends that are just my friends....to an extent. We had people over tonight for our friend's birthday and it was lovely. We made burgers and people claimed to have liked them........that's what I enjoy most about having people over - the ego stroke of having people compliment your cooking. I don't want this to sound like bitching because ultimately, things are going great. Things are just different - things are never going to be like the first summer after college when I had no responsibilities and all of my friends were within a 15 mile radius.

This is not funny. That's lame. I apologize. This is far too close to a typical blog post.

Listening to: dredg: The Canyon Behind Her - best song ever.

1 comment:

  1. Dude I could get you the number of that dude you met at my place. He loved The Mars Volta you guys could talk about that and he probably likes dredg too.

    peace

    f peno

    ReplyDelete