Thursday, June 4, 2009

Engagement Announcement

GREAT NEWS!!!!!! Chris wants to marry Daniel!!!!! All of our hardwork is paying off. The best part is that Chris seems to be the instigator in this new development.

The story:
So, I was talking to Chris on Gchat about the Memorial Golf Tournament this weekend in Dublin, OH. Chris and Kate's Dad previously worked for the PGA Tour so when we lived in Columbus he was able to get us free passes. He is still apparently able to do that because Chris mentioned to me that she had four passes and no one to go with. Obviously, I saw this as my opportunity and suggested that she invite Dan. She got super excited when I mentioned the idea and it was a done deal in her mind within two seconds.

Now, Chris is a little shy and played this off as an excuse to collect money that Daniel owes her for our wedding present (thanks again, guys!). However, I know her true motives. I may have jumped the gun a bit on the post title but it's really just an inevitability at this point. The way I see it playing out is the two of them will have a lovely Sunday watching some of the best players in the world play on a gorgeous golf course. They will have a charming picnic on a blanket set up under the shade of a giant oak tree. Chris will have an egg roll sanwich (she loves egg rolls) and Daniel will have a giant kielbasa (he loves sausages). They will laugh and tell stories (mostly about how awesome their older siblings are) under that old oak tree. At some point, an egg roll will fall out of Chris' sandwich and they will both reach to retrieve it and bump heads. Then, they will look into each others eyes, recognize their desire for one another and share their first magical kiss. They will quickly come back down to earth and not speak of the kiss for the rest of the day. Things will be a bit awkward but they will still have a good time. As the final pairing and tournament leaders, Ted Purdy and Tiger Woods, are making their way up to the 18th Green in a tie, Daniel won't be able to take it any longer.

"We have to talk about what's going on between us. You love me; I know you do!"

"Nothing is going on, Daniel. I'm in LIKE LIKE with Jon. I'm planning to move to D.C. It would never work."

"So, you admit that you do have feelings for me. I knew you couldn't deny the electricity of our kiss under that Old Oak Tree."

"Sure, maybe I do have feelings for you but this is too crazy. I can't give up my future in D.C. for this blossoming relationship. Granted this is the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me but it's just too soon. It's too new."

Then, Daniel, channelling Rhett Butler and our father when he proposed to our mother, will say the most romantic and eloquent thing that Chris' ears have ever or will ever hear: "Then, marry me, damn it!"

As Ted Purdy sinks an eagle putt to win the tournament, Chris will finally be honest with herself and admit her true feelings. "I will marry you, Daniel. Operation: Double Brothers is too important to fail. Plus, I totally love you." Applause will erupt from the gallery and Daniel and Chris will share their second magical kiss.

It's totally going to happen.

2 comments:

  1. Update: As of Thursday afternoon, Purdy is tied for 3rd and Woods is tied for 5th. The plan is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does it still count as being spontaneous if you tell everyone what I'm going to do?

    ReplyDelete