Monday, June 8, 2009

A Walk to Remember....

So, Chris and Daniel spent a lovely day together at the Memorial yesterday. I'm still awaiting details of how romantic it was. If any of you were watching, you probably noticed that at least one part of my prophecy did not come true: That rascal Tiger Woods squeaked out a victory against the indomitable (well, maybe not...) Ted Purdy. Before you go questioning my psychic abilities, I'd like to share a piece of information that might shed some light on what went wrong. Sunday afternoon, Daniel texted me the following message:

"Dude, I forgot the egg roll sandwich. What do I do?"*

I texted back that his only hope was to find a BLT with extra mayo.

Could I have done anything more in this situation? I keep setting Daniel up for success and he keeps managing to find a way to fuck it up. Again, I can only open the door for him. I can't make him walk through.

The news from Operation: DOUBLE BROTHERS hasn't been all bad, though. On Saturday, I noticed that I had missed a call from Daniel and, being the responsible brother that I am, returned the call only to find out that he and Chris are at Skyline.......together. He had called to get directions but now couldn't talk because he was too immersed in flirting. So, this is great news, right? Well, it gets better. Daniel paid for Chris' meal. TOTAL DATE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! As far as I can tell, they are days away from officially announcing their engagement and setting a date for their wedding. Couldn't be more excited.

*This text has been edited to translate it from txt to the english language.

No comments:

Post a Comment