Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'm not good at blogging...

I knew this would happen. I was far too bold to start a blog. It's just not in my blood. I'm not insightful. I don't put things in perspective. I don't blog. But, I'll try again.

So, fun as it was, I think Operation: Double Brothers has died. Daniel and I will continue to make jokes but PENO appears to be the clear victor. Either Daniel will marry Kate's half sister and we'll settle for being 1.5 brothers (which doesn't sound nearly as cool and at this point, there are also legal and moral concerns about launching that mission) or the dream will die. It appears that Chris and PENO are bordering upon serious with their Facebook profiles both admitting to their relationship. Shit got official. I'm mostly just tired of pretending to be opposed to Chris' relationship and thinking of ways that I can twist things to make PENO look sinister. I'm not that creative...ultimately, I'm just lazy. Perhaps if something especially entertaining happens and I'm feeling ambitious, I will write another update on the operation. Initially, Operation: Double Brothers was just a way for me to start a blog without feeling like it was a pointless endeavor focusing on the inane details of my life. Unfortunately, it appears that it is inevitable that ODB will either become just that or cease to exist altogether.

So, anyway, on to the inane details of my life:

The wife and I packed up our apartment (and by packed up our apartment, I mean we watched two dudes put all of our shit in boxes and load them on to a truck) and moved out yesterday. We are currently enjoying our "pre-retirement" in the booming metropolis of Middletown, OH. Plans for the next week: non-existent. Things are going pretty well. In our time here so far, we have had two out of two meals prepared for us (both of which were delicious), had a freshly remodeled room prepared for us, and got to sleep as late as we wanted this morning. We've been promised ribs for dinner and there is talk of a game of golf. Our lives don't suck.

After this week, things get a bit more exciting. A week from today, Kate and I leave on our "official" honeymoon. Immediately after the wedding, we went to West Virginia for three days but being the spoiled children that we are, that wasn't good enough. We will be going on a two week trip to Cancun and Aruba. We somehow tricked two different groups of people into providing our lodging for this trip so the cost to us is minimal. Our agenda in the Caribbean will consist of sleeping, drinking tropical cocktails as we look at/swim in turquoise waters, eating, repeat. Our lives don't suck.

When we return from that trip, we will enjoy another period of pre-retirement in and around Cincinnati, OH (featuring a trip to Columbus to watch the Ohio State Buckeyes play American Football) before we depart on the mother of all road trips. We are packing up the car and heading west........for six weeks. Again, our lives don't suck. However, after that, something closer resembling reality will kick in.

Our itinerary for the trip:
Chicago
Minneapolis
Black Hills, S.D./Mount Rushmore
Yellowstone National Park
Glacier National Park
Seattle
Vancouver
Portland
San Francisco
Yosemite National Park
Palm Springs
Las Vegas
Zion National Park
Salt Lake City
Denver
Kansas City
St. Louis
Memphis
New Orleans
Nashville
Cincinnati

We are travelling through something like 26 states and driving over 8000 miles. My only concern is what the hell we are going to talk about in the car for so damn long. It's going to be EPIC. We are talking about chronicling our adventure in someway.....perhaps through blogging. So, there is the potential for lots of pictures and details of our trip in the future so that you can live vicariously through us. Needless to say, we're really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment